Becoming a Member of St. Mary's -- First Steps
- Please feel welcome to worship with us, explore our programs and activities, or ask questions as you decide if membership at St. Mary's is right for you.
- If you are interested in becoming a member at St. Mary's, the first step is to talk with our priest, the Reverend Patrick Skutch. Father Patrick will get to know you, listen to your questions, and walk you through the membership process.
- Holy Baptism, the sacrament of Christian initiation, is the primary ritual of membership in the Episcopal Church. If you have not yet been baptized, the priest will want to talk with you about Baptism.
- For many Christians who have already been baptized but wish to join the Episcopal Church, Confirmation ( a celebration in which the Bishop prays with you and blesses your continual journey as a Christian) or Reception ( a celebration in which the Bishop formally welcomes you to the Episcopal Church) are the next steps. The priest can help you figure out if Confirmation or Reception is right for you.
- No matter how you join our church, we would like to formally welcome you in a special Liturgy of Welcome, offered several times each year.
We are glad you are here, and we look forward to walking these next steps with you.