In Person Worship Suspended
Dear St. Mary's family,
In our ongoing evaluation of our plans at church, the Vestry and I have most recently considered the following:
• The concerning Covid metrics: locally, statewide, and nationally.
• Advisement from state and local health and civic leaders.
• Our Bishop's most recent directives.
• The necessary but strict restrictions on capacity in our buildings.
• The need to make feasible and safe plans for the Christmas holiday
Based on all of those factors, we have decided to suspend in-person worship and gatherings at St. Mary's through the end of the year. The one exception to this at those who will be leading our worship will broadcast our worship from the building.
We are all disappointed at not being together in person at the sacred time of the year. However, we know that there are better days ahead, and that hope is on the horizon. In the meantime, we need to get through a challenging winter by keeping ourselves and our neighbors as well as possible.
We will do all we can at St. Mary's to keep a holy and joyful Christmas despite these unusual and difficult circumstances.
And we will reevaluate things early in the new year and go from there.
May we not forget the central proclamation of this holy season, that God is with us, now and always, in and through all things.